Follow me on Pinterest

10.01.2013

Piggies in the Mud cake

 This is another copy from pinterest. I needed a cake in a snap, but I didn't have a lot of time. This cake was perfect because it's really fast, and my mom loves pigs (she was the birthday girl). The hardest part of this cake is making fondant pigs. If you can mold things out of play dough you can shape fondant.


This is a chocolate cake (THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE) with a ganache center, and ganache for the mud. If you have never used ganache, you are missing out on life. It is SO delicious and I use it all the time. Here is what you will need-

GANACHE
 -8 oz or 1 cup chocolate chips (I like semi-sweet as milk chocolate is too sweet for me)
-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
-2TBSP butter
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Chop butter into small pieces place in bowl with chocolate chips. Heat heavy cream in double broiler on medium heat until it reaches gentle boil (not a rolling boil!). Add cream to chocolate butter mix and stir with rubber spatula. Once it turns a nice chocolatey silky brown, add the vanila. You can pour this over a cake to get the glistening chocolate look, or leave it out until it softens and then pip it. Either way, it's addicting. I use it almost every time I make a cake. It's great as a filling, great on fruit, great eaten off a spoon, just pour it on your face for a chocolate facial treat (not recommended!).



No comments:

Post a Comment