Follow me on Pinterest

9.17.2013

Detox Day 2 (The Happy Shake)

Day 2 detox,
Breakfast- Kale smoothie
Lunch- Hummus with carrots, ants on a log (yes again), plantain chips, and nuts
Snack- Grapes and a coconut water
Dinner- Roasted asparagus and a happy shake
Snack- Apple
I'm feeling really full.
 Making the KALE SMOOTHIE
Roasted asparagus is the ABSOLUTE BEST! Here's how to make your own-
Preheat the oven to 400
Wash and trim the asparagus
Place asparagus in a glass casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Cook for 10 minutes and then stir
Cook for another 7 minutes
Sprinkle with garlic salt and enjoy!

 The HAPPY SHAKE! I am so in love with this, I could drink one everyday (and sometimes I do). This is not my recipe, but a borrowed one from STACY STOWERS. I actually had the opportunity to meet Stacy a couple years ago while she was staying with a friend. Her story is amazing and I definitely recommend checking out her webpage. I make my happy shake slightly different and it's still AMAZING. I can't rave enough about how delicious it is. It's changed my life for the better!
Here is how I make mine:
 3-4 cups fresh lossely packed spinach
1 banana
1 TBSP raw cacao powder
1 TBSP maca powder
1 TBSP coconut oil
1/2 Cup almond milk
1 1/2 Cups frozen blueberries
Blend and ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment