Follow me on Pinterest

9.18.2013

Detox Day 3- Spaghetti Squash & Chokes

Today I started out with my usual green smoothie. FIND THE DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE HERE. Then I went to the gym for my step aerobics class. This is a PRETTY intense class, there is a lot of ups, downs, kicking, jumping, intense cardio, and weight lifting. I haven't been working out much, so I was a little nervous about my stamina. I ended up feeling GREAT! More than great, I was jumping more and kicking higher. I have to attribute that to the detox. Another FAB benefit, I haven't felt tired ALL DAY! This is huge for me as I usually hit the wall around 2-3 pm. I've mostly been snacking all day, more celery (I just can't get enough of it!), mixed nuts, my usual apple (one a day!). I made kale chips (or baked kale..), spaghetti squash, and artichoke. I was given some cake this afternoon, and I didn't take one bit. Nope, and I sure love cake.

If you want to make your own baked kale (I guess they're not really chips) here is how:
-Preheat oven to 400
-Wash and dry the kale, yes dry!
-Line baking pan with foil
-Spread out kale on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. I like to use my hands and really make sure all the kale is coated
-Sprinkle with salt, or garlic salt, or salt and red pepper.. Mmmm maybe even a little nutritional yeast
-Bake for 8 minutes


 Little crispy, but SO delicious. I've eaten a whole bunch of kale all by myself before
 I also ate some chokes. Artichokes are great because they help detoxify the liver, and they're yums.
 For dinner I made spaghetti squash spaghetti. This is a meal I could eat everyday and never tire of. First I chop the squash into about 4 equal parts and remove all the seeds and stringy string things. Then I put them in a saute pan, filling it about half full of water, bring to a boil, and then simmer on low covered until they turn bright yellow and pierce easily with a fork. I take them out and let them cool down. Then I heat up a couple TBSP of olive oil in a saute pan and saute the insides (it should come out really easily once it's cooked through) add some salt and pepper. 

 My favorite way to eat spaghetti squash is with this amazing marina from trader joes. Really the best marina I've ever used. I stock up on it so that I never run out (it's SO cheap too!). I make a little marina pool, add the squash and top with corm...... I want to eat it again after looking at these pictures... 

No comments:

Post a Comment