1.02.2016

Hey! I finally finished my fantastic Low-volume bedspread!

About three years ago my daughter gave me a huge stack, (sixteen, in fact) of fat quarters. After months and months of pondering what style and looking for extra fabric for borders this is what I came up with. Oh yes, I also unpicked several times before I finally had a design I loved! My friend said I should just stick to quilt kits instead of trying to create my own....I don't know, I really enjoy playing around with fabrics and designs even though there are many 'do-overs'.


That back is actually sheeting fabric I bought from a local quilt shop. It's extra wide (64"), so that saved money, then I used up my scraps....I love it when that happens.
This quilt took 16 fat quarters, (I had enough to create two 20 x 20" and one 24 x 24" pillow shams, that are not done);  two yards of the gray that is the thin sashing and the uniform squares in between; three yards of the white and 3/4 yards of the gray outside sashing. This was not a difficult quilt to make, other than it took forever to figure out how I wanted it to look. I used my easy angler templet and cut 4 1/2" triangles.

1: Cut 320 4 1/2" triangles using the 'Easy Angler" out of print fabric
2: Cut 240 4 1/2" triangles out of white fabric
3: Cut 80 4 1/2" triangles out of darker gray fabric (these are not part of stars, but for the gray squares and half triangles on the edges)

2 comments: