Follow me on Pinterest

12.06.2015

Very Merry Christmas Stars


Christmas is coming and Ray is getting fat....(she's pregnant with twins)! So, what have I been up to? Making a Christmas quilt, because that is what one does at Christmas time! Actually, I've also been making receiving blankets, bibs, burp clothes and a variety of other incidentals in anticipation of the wee ones. But, I wanted to post this because it turned out very festive and because it is yet another project which used the Easy Angler triangle maker.







Made from fat quarters except for white, border and binding.


I absolutely love the Christmas ornament quilt design.

Close up of the quilting.
Nine different fat quarters - cut into 96 triangles measuring 4 1/2" square
24 squares cut at 4 1/2"
1 1/2 yards white: 49 - 4 1/2" squares and 95 - 4 1/2" triangles
1/2 yard for gold for sashing cut at 1 1/2" x WOF
5/8 yards for binding cut at 2 1/2 x WOF

Add caption
Here is a diagram to assist in putting the quilt together. I cut first and then laid everything out on my design board to make sure it was to my liking before sewing together. Of course, I didn't have a blue or yellow pen handy, so improvisation occurred.
I realize that this isn't a professional pattern, but, this is what happens when you are on a budget, and you just love to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment