Follow me on Pinterest

3.01.2014

Simple Sock Monkey Baby Quilt

It was Ray's idea to add the red binding to bring-out the red in the monkeys. I like it! This is totally a scrap quilt except for the back and the monkey fabric.





Gratuitous Monkey Close up!

 Simple quilt, that could easily be finished in less than a day as long as you don't get side-tracked and begin several other projects. The monkey fabric reminded me of a visit I had with my great-grandma Skeen when I was only about five-years-old. I don't remember much except that she was in a care center and I felt very nervous about being there with all the elderly people. While there she gave me a sock monkey that she had made and I was thrilled with this homemade gift! That was the last time I saw her, but that sock monkey was a reminder of her for many years. Oh how I wish I could go back and tell relatives who are not here how much their examples and kind acts have meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment