Follow me on Pinterest

9.08.2014

Easy Triangle Christmas Quilt

I finished! 

One more Christmas quilt to go, maybe some fun Christmas wall hangings, and all the reusable Christmas bags I need to make... then I will be ready for the Holidays (and by holidays I really mean Christmas because although I love Thanksgiving ((I love pie)) my heart belongs to Christmas) 

This quilt came together very quickly (maybe because my mom was helping me sew???). I used up a bunch of Christmas scraps (you would never know that looking through my Christmas stash though), and I love the traditional Christmas colors (I'm not big on traditional holiday colors, I usually insist on adding blue to all my quilts..).



If you would like to make your own check out my tutorial here 

I machine quilted this using simple straight lines. I love how it looks, and the extra Christmas fun it adds to the quilt. Using three different thread colors was an adventure (especially when two of those colors ran out!), but again, Christmas fun, so it was worth it. 


I did some FMQ (free motion quilting) around my trees, simple swirls (which I think are the easiest to free motion) 
Soft flannel for the back, perfect for snuggling up in on a cold December day! 
I always see adorable quilts with striped binding, and this time I tried it out for myself! I watched a few tutorials on youtube, then went for it. I love love love the candy cane strip. All Christmas quilts should be bound with candy cane strips....  It's too cute! I don't even like candy canes, but it makes me want one!


And of course my little label. Such a fun feature on my machine! 


Merry, almost, but not really, Christmas! 

What fun Holiday projects are you working on? 


1 comment:

  1. I for what ever reason just love this particular quilt. I made a similar 1. The candy cane makes it happen. And i love the idea of flannel backing of which the red is the best color i think for the backing. Nice nice job.

    ReplyDelete