Follow me on Pinterest

8.16.2014

Not-so-Easy Diagonal Squares (but they are pretty)

This beautiful fabric was bought while visiting my mother in Bend, Oregon. I wish I had paid better attention to the maker, but I do remember some of it said Lotta Jansdaughter. (Note to self....start paying attention)
The flannel back is from a cute little mother and daughter shop located in Tooele. The line is called Maywood and it is the softest, best quality flannel I've ever purchased.
This quilt is made exactly the same as the diagonal square quilt I made for my granddaughter, Violet. However, I put strips running both directions in between the squares and I added extra borders around outside to make it lap size. It's finished size is about 56x60".
Now, just need some weather that isn't 100 degrees so I can curl up in it. Just kidding, the only reason I want cooler weather is so that when I gaze up from my sewing machine to the out-of-doors I don't have to feel guilty for neglecting my yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment