Follow me on Pinterest

4.15.2014

Zebra Triangle Baby Quilt



After my last triangle quilt attempt MODERN TRIANGLE QUILT, I thought I had sworn off ever attempting to do another! But of course all the cute triangle quilts all over pinterest were calling to me. I couldn't help myself, I had to try out another, and I thought that this time, it wouldn't be as difficult.. Let's just say that angles, of any type are hard... Luckily this was just a baby quilt, so I didn't have to put together too many triangles. 

Wanna make your own? Find the measurements below. This is a 42x42" quilt 

I'm in love with bunting, which is why I think triangles appeal to me so much. 
 I purchased a half yard of 4 different fabrics 
3/8 of a yard of another fabric, which I also used for binding (plenty left over)
3/4 yard of white
1 1/4 yard for backing (I used flannel)

All my triangles were cut out with a template that measured 6 1/2 inches wide
13 triangles for each row plus 2 half triangles. 
5 rows of triangles.
I wanted to show off my zebra more so I cut out 12 blocks that were 6 1/2 inches wide by 4 1/2 inches high
And 4 strips of white that are 1 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches. I used that to frame the blocks. 

Simple, simple, but if you don't feel like making your own, check out my etsy shop

 photo etsy_zps31ccd80f.png
Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment